Welcome to In Motion Physical Therapy of NY!
The Physical Therapists at In Motion Physical Therapy of NY strive to provide the highest standard of care possible to each patient. Our policy of scheduling one patient every 30 minutes is what allows us to focus and devote our full attention on each patient’s individual needs with minimal distractions. Having one-on-one sessions with a Physical Therapist ensures that our patient’s receive the most effective form of treatment, as well as the time and attention to educate them during each session. Our therapists are extremely knowledgeable and experienced in treating sports injuries, post-surgical injuries and even preventing future injuries and surgeries by correcting, strengthening, and easing the pain of any existing abnormalities and/or movement dysfunctions.
At the beginning of each session, a Functional Movement Assessment is performed. A Functional Movement Assessment is a screening process we use to help determine which specific areas need to be targeted and treated during that session. It is also useful as a way for us to measure each patient’s progress throughout the duration of their treatment.
Every detail of the patient’s medical history is accounted for and taken into consideration when we create their own individualized treatment plan. No two patients are treated exactly the same and our creativity in the way we design new exercises keeps PT fun and helps them stay on track! We only provide treatment that will benefit that patient specifically in the most efficient and safest way possible. Most of the exercises we instruct our patients to do, target multiple areas of the body which means the patient benefits the most by doing less!
How is In Motion Different?
- Sessions last about 30 – 45 minutes.
- We offer personal one on one care with a Doctor of Physical Therapy.
- At In Motion, you will not be treated at the same time as a whole room full of patients.
- We educate our patients during each session to ensure that they fully understand each aspect of their treatment.
- We specialize in Sports Medicine. If you play sports, have had a sports-related injury or have had surgery, we can personalize a treatment plan to get you back out on the field faster than any other Physical Therapy practice can!
- Unlike most physical therapy offices, we do not just hook our patients up to an ultrasound machine or stim unit for a majority of the length of their session. We make the most of each patient’s time spent in our office by performing hands-on soft tissue mobilization techniques and instructing/guiding them through each exercise to ensure that they are doing them safely and correctly to achieve the maximum benefit.
- Our therapists are always easily accessible by phone, text, or e-mail even outside of business hours.
- There is never a wait.
- We document each patient’s progress with videos, pictures and movement screening/testing.
- We provide each patient with an exercise program to go home with to help keep them on track.
- Our creativity of designing new exercises keeps Physical Therapy fun!